REP-40: Whitepaper Updates

Hi all,

Following the ongoing development of GI, Node, and related protocols, I recommend revising certain statements and descriptions in the Whitepaper.

Here are the details that require modification.

Overall

1. change cases:
    1. Request Fees → request fees
    2. Network Rewards → network rewards
    3. Operation Tax → operation tax
    4. Reliability Score → reliability score
  2. fig.2 : SN → Node

Section III. A

1. changing the term “Permisionless Data Source (PDSs)” to “Open Data Protocols (ODPS)”.

Section III. C

1. The GIs perform critical duties to ensure the Network is robust and reliable.
  2. GI has been changed to GIs where appropriate throughout the updates.
  3. The GI components have been updated to match the current architecture:
    • Router: The routers ensure requests are routed and served with high performance and minimal latency.
    • Broadcaster: The broadcasters constantly monitor all Nodes’ status for irregular behaviors.
    • Enforcer: The enforcers maintain records of demotion and slashing, and slash Nodes that fail to meet requirements.
    • Settler: The settlers initiate submissions of work records to the Value Sublayer.
    • Payment Processor: The payment processors ensure request fees are correctly distributed.
    • Taxer: The taxers calculate the Network’s average tax rate and update the settlement contract.
    • Indexer: The indexer is responsible for structuring activities that take place on the entire Network, and supplying the information via network transparency API.

Section V. C.3

1. A Chip is an ERC-721 Non-Fungible Token (NFT)

This is an informational REP, requires no code changes and has no empirical impact on anything.

2 Likes

I think maybe the “Permisionless Data Source (PDSs)” should be changed to “Open Data Protocols (ODPs)”.

2 Likes

Sure, using ODPs will lead to better consistency, thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

This REP draft has been prepared!

1 Like

Have fun with latex!

2 Likes

I think this was already changed in REP-26.

2 Likes

okay i will remove this part.

1 Like

Hey guys,

This REP is ready for review

1 Like